Tuesday, October 16, 2007

RUNNING A RESTAURANT BUSINESS by HEART

I went to a bookstore near my house last Friday (Thanks God, finally a decent book shop opened on a walking distance from my house!), and found a book about Carnegie Deli on a NEW BOOK display table. (http://www.carnegiedeli.com)

Can not wait to reach home and start reading the book, that night. Anything about culinary or running a restaurant business always attracted me very strongly.

I am a believer of how happy a person can be, earning for living from doing what they love & like.

I have examined business that run by heart. It always shines more brightly. People who involved in running the business have more smiles, and indirectly influenced their customer to have a happier feelings too.

These people enter ordinary fields of business, which many people even more expert has already in there, but since they did it happily, the end result is different.

I want to get the book in its original version in English (the one I bought is in Indonesian). I found many mis-spelling words in it.

In this post, I also want to share a story about a small cafe which I am very sure are run by heart by the owner. I have written about this last time http://foodiecookie.blogspot.com/2007/09/taste-improved.html
But on my previous post, I did not highlight of the business, it was a story of my three 'musketeer' friends (GRIN).

The cafe named "CAFE TERAS LEMPUNA". Located in Bedugul, a hilly region of Bali Island. I knew it is owned by a Japanese lady.

It has a very cozy interior. A Japanese alike neat, with several cute ornaments inside. They also put several sets of dining table + chairs on its verandah. Giving a pleasant outdoor place to have your meals. But beware, do not eat outside during mango & jackfruit season! You will get crazy in getting rid of flies :-(

My latest visit to Cafe Teras when I took all pictures displayed here, was Saturday, 13th Oct 2007. The plantation planted on its yard, being one of the focal interest too! They changed it regularly. This time they have a beautiful white lily on the yard. It was still raining heavily when I arrived there. But soon after ordering our lunch, the rain stopped gradually, leaving a freshness on the white lily.

A bush of pink wild roses was planted near the right side wall if you are facing the road. Whilst, tomato planted in a row next to the front fence, carrying its fatty fruit. Yet, not ripe but it would be a lovely fresh tomato from the garden.











Inside, you will find a nice little bar, where the waiter prepare drinks for the customer. Many kind of glasses and cups displayed on its bluish rack.

Next to liquor & wine displayed rack, you will find a door - the entrance to the kitchen. What I missed is only a good music. It must be lovely if they have a nice easy listening jazz selections as a background music.

If you decided to visit this place, don't think that you will get a 5 stars categorized meals. The food is good but not so special! You can get similar lines of foods any else where easily. What you won't get is the nice ambient of the place.

Cleanliness of the place included the toilet is two thumbs up! Except one thing, I never agreed when people liquefying the density of liquid hand-soap usually for saving reason by pouring water into its container. You must be thinking I'm weird now :-D!

Last but not least, I found this unique wind chimes hung below the verandah roof.

What else to be shared? I don't have anymore, but just experienced yourself. I think you will be agreed with me, that CAFE TERAS LEMPUNA is one of the business which is run by heart.

HAPPY EXPLORING!



3 comments:

OLE said...

EXCELENT PHOTOS!!!!!

Catatan Alumni SD74SMP77"CIP"Denpasar said...

cafe nya kaya cerita rumah nenek penyihir yang dari coklat semua di Hans & Gretel ya, hehehe, batanya kaya chokoretto=coklat, domo domo domo ....hihihihi

Sugar said...

If your planning to start a business start first with a franchise for with this you don't need a very large amount of money you can monitor if you business is gaining profit or not. be wise enough to run your business and know the economic system for you to be able to adjust and be updated with the latest product that is in demand.

negosyo franchise