Thursday, October 25, 2007

ORGANIC FARM

In these days, many people being awaken of having a better life. Everybody seems to be directed into “BACK TO NATURE” life style. Kind of way of life style is very instantly becoming popular amongst modern and busy people.

Yoga and meditation retreat started to be fulfilled with participants who look for a balance in their life. Organic food started becoming a primary choice which deliberately bringing a good opportunity for the organic farmers.

Exploring a mountain tourism spot in Bali last Sunday, I and my love ones ended at Danau Beratan, BUT in the side which has not been ‘contaminated’ by the crowd. There is a brand new organic farm developed on that side, completed with a big strawberry farm house. I guess they try to make a kind of organic farm tour, since I looked they put several tracking sign boards. Unfortunately when we wanted to explore more, nobody was there to be questioned. So we continued our tour by ourselves.

I must say not many organic vegetables I could see that time, it seems like they have already done the harvest time. Several yards were still being prepared for the next planting season.









I only saw cucumber, bananas and cabbage.










Next to their office which also their receptionist, I saw a yard full of colorful flowers. I recognized one from the lines they have is an infinity flower like edelweiss. But this one has thousands of tiny orange – red – yellow petals. Very beautiful!










The other line of their flower collection is this bright pink flower. It has a very soft thorn on its stem and leaves. I saw purple and white flowers which usually planted in a hanging pot there.










They are using this ‘automatic’ sprinkler in watering their plantation. When exploring more inside the area further, I saw traditional farmers were also using the same system

I did not know the source of water they were using; possibly it is the water that pumped out of the lake.

Actually there are 3 lakes in the area, unfortunately the biggest one has already experienced decreasing in its water debit since the last 4 years, leaving only half of the lake actual size. Hope the experts can solve this problem quickly. I will write about this lake called BUYAN, in my other post.












Well…….., if you were in Bali and wish to get your organic food supplies, it is very easy now! Several gourmet store in Sanur, Kuta & Ubud area specializing in selling organic food has been opened. You can find many restaurants & cafes which also concentrated of selling organic food easily too!

No comments: