Monday, September 10, 2007

Food Supply for School Time

I had a chit-chat with a friend yesterday evening. She dropped at my home to pick up her son, the eldest of 6 brothers! I never have a thought of having more than 2 kids now days and maybe for other career women they will think the same too.

I was preparing my florentine cookies when she arrived, we had our conversation in my kitchen while the kids were happy barbecue-ing outside.

Then after talking and talking we entered mom's subject........, preparing food supply for the kids to be brought to school! I asked her what happened if each kid asked for different kind of food supply? I can't imagine, preparing 6 different food supplies in the early morning..........wow

But she said that her eldest son acted like the commander for his little brothers, and he is the one who decide what food will be prepared for the next morning!

Here I shared the recipe of the florentine cookies I made yesterday:
INGREDIENTS:
Based:
230gr unsalted butter
230gr sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp almond extract
300gr All purpose flour
150gr Oatmeal

Topping:
150 g mixed peel
200 g dried apricot
100 g orange peel
200 g almond flakes
100 g unsalted butter
100 g Castor Sugar
120 ml honey

INSTRUCTION:
Beat the sugar + butter, put in the egg, almond extract and finally the flour & oatmeal. Mixed thoroughly.
Keep the mixture in the refrigerator until set.
Roll the mixture into 6 mm thickness.
Put in a pan which already based with baking paper.
Oven for +/- 5 minutes. Put aside.

Topping:
Cut all dried fruit into small pieces and mixed together.
Heat the sugar, honey and butter until butter dissolved put the dried fruit mixed in and stir smoothly.
Put the mixture on top of the base and oven at 180 degree of Celsius for 15 minutes.
While it still hot, cut into the shape you like and cool.


No comments: