Friday, August 31, 2007

SEAFOOD

I like seafood especially fish so much. Sadly, I read in many reports through internet, newspaper and from the television, most of seawater fish nowadays has been contaminated with toxin and metal.

One of my nice had an intoxication of metal from seawater fish that she had had during her early years which caused her of having a slightly autism behavior. She took a long process of medication because of it.

Now, I do be very careful in choosing fish to cook. My love one likes to do fishing and he knows where he can still get nice healthy fish. And the place is at Nusa Penida Area.

Nusa Penida is a small island located southwest of Bali. Why I believe the fish from there is not contaminated? Let me explain the topography of Nusa Penida. The island has many crags. You can see from the place you stand on the top of crag the base of the sea! The water is sparkling during afternoon hours and you also can see fish, turtles swimming. In that ecology like that, I believe the creatures live inside still not get contaminated.

I attached here picture of seawater fish of Nusa Penida (look at the colors! You will agree with me if I said those fish are very fresh and healthy!) and also the view of Nusa Penida. (this picture was taken by my friend Darmo, thanks for let me using your work!)

A freshly caught fish cooked with a simple seasoning like Chinese – Styled Steam Fish is the best. The freshness of the fish still can be tasted just because of its simplicity.

Here I share the Chinese – Styled Steam Fish recipe I often use.

1 medium size of snapper

4 cloves of garlic – slice thinly

1 medium young ginger – slice thinly

1 stalk of lemongrass

2 tablespoon rice wine

1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil

Salt and Pepper

METHOD

Clean and wash fish. Dry well with kitchen towel. Make 2 or 3 incisions on both sides of fish crosswise. Rub with salt and pepper to your taste. Set aside at least 15 minutes to let the salt and pepper absorbed.

Preheat the steamer for 10 – 15 minutes.

Put the fish on a plate (use one which is not to flat, since the fish will be a bit watery).

Rub the fish with rice wine and spatter the sesame oil on both sides.

Arrange slice garlic and ginger on top of the fish by turns.

Put the stalk of lemongrass on the fish.

Steam for 15 minutes.

Serve hot with rice.

No comments: