Tuesday, August 28, 2007

MY TROPICAL FRUIT - KEDONDONG

Kedondong (Spondias dulcis) is one of tropical fruits. One in my yard (see on the next picture), I got it from my mother in law. According to her, it comes from Thailand’s proliferation. Local kedondong is much smaller compared to the one from Thailand.

I have to wait for several more months until it ripens. It has slightly sour taste, very crunchy and contents lots of fiber. It can be used as pickles, fruit salad, or jam.

Kedondong has a single seed with many stiff filaments. There is a practical joke here, when somebody got a sore-throat, he/she will be teased, “You have a sore-throat since you didn’t clean your throat with kedondong seed!”


Honestly, I did not really like the fruit......., but I like seeing fruits growing and producing.

No comments: