Monday, August 27, 2007

I LOVE COOKING!

On my teenage, I was not interested to culinary world. A big NO if my mom asked me to help her in the kitchen especially if she cooked meals. I really hated the smell of garlic or onion stay on my fingers, unfortunately, peeling and chopping garlic/onion was my task if I could not avoid in helping her. Oh my………..!

I still tolerated if she did baking. I like decorating cakes & cookies. I love it! But I don’t like clearing up the mesh (LOL).

Growing older, got married……, I have to manage my own kitchen. Luckily, my love one is a good cook. In the early period we were together, he did the cooking. I only prepared veggies; he taught me the shapes of vegetables cutting like julienne, cubes, etc. I refused to peel and chop garlic or onion. He nearly lost his patient in teaching me….., as I could not do it quickly as he is.

But a really BIG NO, if he asked me to prepared meat. Any kind of meat, chicken, pork, veal, I don’t have guts to cut raw meat until now. If he asked me to cook, he will do the preparation and I only do the cooking process.

He said that I am good in seasoning. I am honored with that complimentary and suddenly I love cooking.

Now, I enjoy anything related to cooking. I love watching cooking shows especially those broadcasted through discovery travel and living (http://www.travelandlivingasia.com/asia/homepage.htm)

My favorite celebrity chef is Anthony Bourdain
(http://www.anthonybourdain.com)!

He is funny! I could not stop laughing watching his Indonesia episode, where his cameraman somehow hit a stackable food display on a Padang Restaurant in Jakarta.

(http://travel.discovery.com/tv/bourdain/journals/indonesia/indonesia.html)

I read his book A Cook's tour and I really like it, unfortunately it is not easy to get that kind of imported books in my place here.

I have to order from the Amazon (http://www.amazon.com) and impatiently wait until the package arrive (if it arrives safely, I experienced lost one package, but Amazon replaced it with a new one!)


I like Jaime Oliver too, especially on his “Jaime at Home” episodes. I love the drawing of veggies and fruits displayed during the transitions, it is very well done!

(http://www.jamieoliver.com/jamieathome/bloggers)

What he cooked on the show looked so delicious and seems like easy to follow.

I do admire him for trying of getting rid of junk food from school. Junk food is really liked by children. But everybody knows it only contents fat!

On my welcoming message I said that I met many people who finally love cooking to make their love ones happy, and I am included in it.

HAPPY COOKING!

No comments: