Wednesday, August 29, 2007

UNIQUE HOT GINGER TEA

Few months ago I visited my ex director of the music school I had worked for. She has a house in a small village on the way up to Bedugul – a hilly tourism spot in Bali. Her house was built in an elongated rectangular land. She planted many plantations there, especially the one that has restorative power or medication. The weather in that area is really suitable for planting. Not too cold but neither too warm. The right word to describe is: Very Comfortable!

When arrived there, dark cloud hanging in the sky; just waited for the time of the rain pouring. My ex director was busy in her little pantry, and she asked me to play some repertoires on her piano. I knew she is preparing beverage for us but I did not have a clue what kind of drink she actually prepared; she just said that what she prepared is good for health.

Then she brought her mixed and served it to us. I was astonished, petals of Soka (IXORA COCCINEA L) floating on the tea that she served. She started to explain the ingredients of the beverage serving to us. It was hot ginger tea, with brown sugar, pandan leaves and petals of Soka, she brought it to boil one time and then serve.

I tasted it, and it was good! It warmed my body. And even more good, since at that time, the rain started pouring heavily. To my knowledge the skin of the root and stem of Ixora Coccinea can be used as a medicine to cure new wounded. Five grams of the skin pound until smooth combine with ¼ glass of water; strain and rub the strained liquid over the wound.

No comments: