Monday, July 7, 2008

LOVINA TRIP

It was truly an un-planned trip.
I was not prepared to go, but my love one having problem with his left foot (swollen) and can not drive. So I have to take his duty to drive my in law to attend a wedding party in Singaraja.

Singaraja was previously the capital of Bali before it is moved to Denpasar.
It is located on the north part of Bali about 80 kms from Denpasar, having a warm and humid climate.

The wedding party was held about 18.00, but we left Denpasar early morning as my in law wanted to attend the marriage rite at the church. We dropped them at the bride's home and we headed to Lovina, a tourism area in Singaraja.

We spend our time at Bali Taman Resort & Spa.
The hotel is very well maintained, yet clean and tidy.













Since it was too hot to swim when we arrived at the hotel, we decided to have a drink at the restaurant. The restaurant is empty as it was already around 11.00 in the afternoon.
Breakfast already past while lunch was bit too early. I ordered a cup of Balinese coffee, my love one had a glass of ice lemon tea and a plate of fried banana for both of us.

The fried banana was served with palm sugar syrup.
The batter was crunchy but unfortunately, the banana was not riped enough.












I recommended this hotel, I would stay there again one day. The staff is friendly, and also honest! My in law left her precious necklace in the bathroom, but it kept save by the staff.
When she realized she did not have it and rang me to go back to the hotel, I found it kept at the safety deposit box at the front desk. Thank you so much!

It is also easy for you to go for snorkeling or if you want to take a dolphin tour in the early morning. The journey start right on the beach in front of the hotel!

No comments: