Monday, November 12, 2007

ARBEI















I took this picture on my latest journey up to the mountain, to a yet un-explored area. I was really surprised seeing this arbei (that is what we called the berries here) plant, it brought my memory back to my childhood time.

During my childhood time to my teenage period, it was being a routine for my family to spend our holiday season in the village where my dad originally from. Staying there for nearly a month. Going fishing, cycling and exploring many exotic places - mostly out of crowd.

On my grandma's yard there was arbei bushes carrying lots of fruits. After playing in a hot day we (myself and my cousins) used to take a rest, sitting near the bushes and busy picked up riped berries to cure our thirsty.

My cousin who elder than I am explained that the silkworm eats that kind of berries leaves.

The berries I found last week was not as sweet as the berries on my grandma's yard. But it gave me a pleasant feeling.

No comments: